Monday, October 3, 2011

Don't Let Your Winter Nest Become a Stuffy Mess!

Here are 15 houseplants that will clean and enhance the air quality in your home. 



1 -  Red-Edged Dracaena
2 -  Peace Lily 
3 -  Chrysanthemum
4 -  Warneck Dracaena
5 -  Golden Pothos 
6 -  Bamboo Palm
7 -  Gerber Daisy 
8 -  Mother-In-Law's Tongue
9 -  Aloe Vera
10 -  Chinese Evergreen 
11 -  English Ivy 
12 -  Spider Plant
13 -  Weeping Fig
14 -  Heart Leaf Philodendron 
15 -  Azalea 

If you would like to read more about these plants and their specific characteristics that will better your home, visit this link "15 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality" by Julie Knapp.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the information about the plants.

    I don't have many indoor plants but I do have 2 that look like peace lilies but instead of a white flower they have pink/red and they seem to thrive in the kitchen which is good.

    Will check out the rest of the list soon.

    Hope all is well with you and that you are working hard!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know!! Especially since this will be my first time living where it snows, so I'll probably be a shut-in this winter.
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! So nice to meet you, and thank you for joining Fieldstone Hill Design. I am following your blog, and looking forward to reading more!

    I love this post. My gift is not plants but I love having them in my home. My favorites {no idea if they help your air. I guess all plants do???} are asparagus fern and any kind of creeping green sedum. They are the most brilliant shade of green, and I love what they add to interiors!
    Again, great post.

    - {darlene} @ fieldstone hill design. com

    ReplyDelete